Saturday, November 14, 2009

Wild Card - Pg. 44 Thank You Card

I had a lot of trouble with this card. First the sizing, I shouldn't have used the cricut design studio! I made it so hard on myself. Having to move the card around on the mat 50 million times to figure out how big I could make it, Ugh! Then I made the mistake of inking it with pigment inks because the white looked so plain to me. Then the ink wouldn't dry even when heatset. I ended up tossing both the card and the envelope when I was finished with the video :) When I was punching the holes for my eyelets with my crop a dile, I ended up punching a hole in the back side of the card. And when I was folding my card and envelope, the little score marks cut by the cricut tore. Needless to say, it wasn't a very attractive card and envelope! lol :) Live and learn. Check out my youtube video:

Friday, November 13, 2009

My first meander book

I made this book with one sheet of 12"x12" paper. The covers were made using a old pizza box covered with some decorative paper. Now that's what I call recycling! :) I made some embellishments inside the book using the new Pagoda cricut cartridge, and I made the "celebrate" on the front cover using the Wild Card cricut cartridge. Check out my youtube video:

Flooding/High Water on SE 92nd Ave in Portland Oregon

Here is a video I shot in January 2009. We were living in an apartment complex while looking for a new house. We had just sold our old house and were having a difficult time finding a new one. This flooding happens every year, without fail. Check out my youtube video:

Hello Kitty in a Kimono

Here is a card that I just made using a hello kitty that I turned into a cut file in Inkscape. I cut it using SCAL. It took a bit of work to turn it into a cuttable SVG, but I finally finished it! :-) The fan was cut using the new Pagoda cricut cartridge. It has some really cool images on the cartridge. I hope to use it a lot more. Check out my youtube video:

Paper weaving on a card

Here is a card that I made using some strips of paper to weave a border. I continued the side strips of paper from front to back. I once saw someone complain that people seem to forget the back of the card when designing a layout. I used a flower punch for the flower cut outs. I also used some making memories buttons on the front, on the four corners. This was the first time that I used my crop-a-dile. It took some practice to figure out how to set them, but I got it eventually :)