Sunday, March 28, 2010
Here is another card I made using a coloring book image found on the web. This one is a bit more subtle then the last one, because I used papers that were more similar in color. I used three different papers from two different digital paper kits that I got for free off the internet. I used the same paper for the flower petals as I did for the backround paper. I used a cream colored paper for the flower face and the pot. I then used a green paper for the stem and leaves. I used foam tape to attach my flower to the matting (made with a piece of black paper and a piece of white paper I put through my sizzix embossing machine with the mosaic cuttlebug folder). I stamped the sentiment with a $1 stamp I got from Joanne's using staz on ink.
I'm entering this card into the Moxie Fab World challenge and over on the Paper, Scissors and Superheroes blog.
Here is a card I made using a free coloring book page I found while googling (sp?). I printed it out on four different papers from a free digital paper set I found on the internet called Tie-Dye Cherry Blossom. I made a gradient fill design in Adobe Photoshop Elements using the dropper tool and taking two samples of color. I used this for the backround paper, the top flower section and the part with the black border (was that as confusing as it sounded?). In case I didn't mention it...I hand cut all the layers (this is probably why my husband mentioned that it seemed to be taking a REALLY long time to cut that out!) then I used scotch foam tape to layer the different layers of the flower. I topped the flower off with a bit of bling using a heat fix gem. I then stamped the sentiment with staz on using a inkadinkadoo stamp. Hope you like it :)
I'm entering this into the Moxie Fab World challenge and the challenge on the 'Paper, Scissors and Superheroes' blog.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Here is a 'card' for my parent's anniversary. The reason I say 'card' is because it is more like a tag, just not in tag shape. I cut some cardstock down to the size I needed for my stamp. I then backed it with some recycled cardboard. I used the script stamp from the Tim Holtz 'Urban Grunge' set. I stamped in versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I then inked over that with broken china and peeled paint distress inks. I cut a '42' out with SCAL and embossed it with the mosaic cuttlebug folder (I think thats what it's called). I used a circle stamp from a $1 set of clear stamps from studio G found at Michael's. I stamped that out 6 times and stamped out H-A-P-P-Y using the Heidi Swapp alphabet stampset (with peeled paint distress ink), then in the 6th circle I stamped 'nd' with an alphabet set from inkadinkadoo (with broken china distress ink). I really like how it turned out (personally :) )
Here is the card I made for my daughter for Valentine's Day (I know I'm a bit behind). I used a free teddy bear svg from svgcuts.com (their free svg's at http://svgcuts.com/blog). I used an inkadinkadoo stamp for the lips :)