SvgCuts

Friday, April 30, 2010

Mask made with wild card and cricut

Here is a video that I made for youtube. I made a mask or stencil (not sure which it is, or is it both?) using grafix clear craft plastic. I had to cut this approximately three times on my cricut. It really dulled out my blade, but I am pleased with what I ended up with. I think this can be used alot on my cards. You can use it over and over with different colors of inks. It can be used as the main card front or as a backround...in other words, I think I'm trying to say that it is very versatile :) I set this up to cut using my cricut design studio. I wanted to be able to utilize as much of the 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of the craft plastic as I could.

Word of warning: I pretty much was bent over my cricut the whole time that it was cutting. Towards the end of cutting I had to make sure and remove any little pieces of plastic that had popped out of the cut. If you don't watch it, these little pieces can get caught up in your blade, and then it's pretty much not cutting anymore :(

No comments: