SvgCuts

Friday, April 30, 2010

Tin foil embossing video/Pagoda card




Here is my you tube video showing how I emboss Reynolds Heavy Duty Wrap. Also, I have included a picture of a card where I used this technique to make the backround layer. I also used a cut from the Pagoda cricut cartridge. I cut the dragonfly out twice, once in cardstock and once from recycled cardboard (from food packaging). I adhered the two cut out dragonflies and stamped a layer of versamark over the top. I then used gold embossing powder and heat embossed it. I cut the wing layer out of some floral chiyogami paper. I designed the cut for the location of the sentiment in inkscape and cut in SCAL. I printed the sentiment off of my computer. Then I adhered the two layers of the sentiment square (is there some less awkward way to say this?) together and taped some gold thread around the shape. I attached the dragonfly and the sentiment square down with scotch foam adhesive.

I'm also including a picture of another card I made with embossed reynolds wrap. It's a mosaic card and I mention it in my video :)

Just a little side note: You can find this card on the My Pink Stampers blog in her gallery section under 'Pagoda'. I had entered this into her Design Team search. I wasn't picked but received an email asking if I would like to submit this for her first gallery. WooHoo! :) lol

No comments: