SvgCuts

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Quick card for my daughter



Here is a card I made for my daughter. She had been having a rough time at school and I thought she might really like this card. My husband and I found this stampset at Michael's in the dollar bin. I thought it was perfect.

I cut a standard size card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") in half. I used broken china distress ink to color the card base. I then stamped the pattern at the top and the bottom with weathered wood distress ink using another stamp we found in the dollar bin at Michael's. I colored some white cardstock with spiced marmalade distress ink and then I stamped the ticket stamp with black staz-on ink on that. I cut the ticket out and attached it to my card with some scotch foam tape. On the inside of the card I stamped the sentiment on with black staz-on ink using the second stamp that came with the stampset. I punched out some flowers with a paper punch using the leftover cardstock that I had colored with the spiced marmalade distress ink. I adhered those inside the card and did some inking around the petals with a black fine point pigma micron pen and a white gel pen.

No comments: