SvgCuts

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thinking of You Butterfly Card




Here is a card I made. I used the negative from a cut out that I made with my cricut. It's kind of like a top note shape. It was on my accent essentials cartridge. Anyway...what I did is embossed the image on the front of my card. Now I know to save the negative image of my cut outs. They make great embossing templates. I don't have a light box, so I used my window. You put the negative behind the card and use your embossing tool to press around the outline. Then, viola! You have a cool embossed image! I just got some ranger distress inks and was having fun playing around with them. I have a blending pen, and used this to color in my stamped butterfly image. I then cut a circle and I used my foam blending tool to color the edges with the scattered straw color. I put the butterfly image on top of this. I also inked all the edges of the card.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Such a pretty card!