SvgCuts

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Entry for Lily Pad Cards Embossing Challenge

Here is a card I made for my sister-in-law's birthday. I started by dry embossing white cardstock using the 'Tulip' Spellbinder Impressabilities with my sizzix big shot. I cut a strip of blue cardstock (the same color as my card base), and then I used my sewing machine to add some decorative stitching to the top and bottom of the strip. I stamped a flower from the 'In Bloom' Papertrey Ink stampset onto some My Mind's Eye patterned paper from the lime twist collection using Versamark ink. I added some orange embossing powder and heat embossed. Then I cut it out. I stamped two leaves from the In Bloom set onto some EP paper from the Springtime collection (Grass) also using Versamark ink, and added some green embossing powder and heat embossed (and cut them out). I added some shading with some prismacolor pencils to the flower and the leaves, and then I attached everything to the card base.







I'm entering this into the following weekly challenge at:

1 comment:

Libby said...

Beautiful and elegant card; I like how well the embossed background compliments the focal image.